Membership Eligibility Requirements
|Any American woman of good moral character, eighteen years of age or over, is eligible for membership, provided she has been invited by the Society and is the lineal descendant of an ancestor who lived and served prior to 1701 in one of the Original Colonies in the geographic area of the present United States of America.
Documentary proof of an ancestor's service prior to 1701 in one of the following is required.
1. Historic Founder of Jamestown and Historic Founder of any of the original colonies.
2. Member of the London, Plymouth and Virginia Companies who came to the colonies to live.
3. Colonial Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Deputy Governor or Colonial Officer.
4. Member of the House of Burgesses.
5. Member or Delegate to the Council of the Assembly.
6. Deputy or Representative to the General Court.
7. All civil and church officials and services.
8. Founder or Trustee of any College or School.
9. Minister of the Gospel or Commissary of the bishops of London.
10. Member of the Council of Safety of 1689.
11. Signer of the Mayflower Compact.
12. Member of the House of Deputies.
13. All Professionals, Trades and Crafts.
14. All Military and Naval services of the colonies.
15. Any who furnished funds or supplies.
16. Member of the Provincial Congress.
17. Landowner, Freeman or Planter.
18. Headright, Transportee.
(Taken from History of Three Rivers Chapter Colonial Dames XVII Century, Pittsburgh, PA 1961 - 1991.)